Shoulder pain has become a common problem due to overuse of technology such as computers and phones. When the arm and shoulder blade do not move naturally, pain and discomfort are likely to arise. In addition to this, the shoulder is very mobile as its mainly comprised of muscle which are responsible for holding it in position. When there is an imbalance of these muscles, the shoulder becomes prone to injury.
The neck can also cause muscles imbalances, as many of the muscles holding the shoulder in place originate in the neck. dysfunction, and can actually be a key element in treating a shoulder injury as a lot of the muscles holding your shoulder in place originate at the neck.
Common symptoms of shoulder pain include:
• Neck tension, pain and stiffness
• Arm Pain
• Weak and Tired Muscles
• Clicking, popping or grinding.
• Tingling and Pins and Needles
• Fatigue and Tiredness
Common shoulder issues are
Rotator Cuff related injuries
Our Chiropractors and Physiotherapist will assess the cause of your problem and how they will be able to help. Some methods of addressing shoulder issues include:
• addressing postural issues
• improving muscular flexibility in the shoulder area
• improving range of joint motion in the shoulder and surrounding areas
• providing flexibility and strength training programs
• providing exercises for stretching and rehabilitation